Dexter

Favorite TV shows and Latest and Greatest
Movies discussion. Whats a must see?
User avatar
starvin'carvin'
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 pm
Gender: Male

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:55 pm

Masuka=Me?

Well saw the prior Sunday's(oct 11th) episode. It seems that to be offically Masuka I've got to get an all country pimped out pickup.

Didn't see that non sequiter commin'. LOL.

Thinkin' there's a little Masuka in you too Stone.

Who had the idea of crashin' a nudie bar and payin' the ladies for a lap dance by stuffin' carved pumpkins in their G-string?

Classic Masuka with a pumpkn crack/dust habit.

B4 you ask. I missed 2nite's episode. Will catch it next Sunday as well as new episode.
User avatar
St0ney
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
Posts: 6868
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 am
Gender: Male
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Contact:

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:21 pm

starvin'carvin' wrote:Masuka=Me?

Well saw the prior Sunday's(oct 11th) episode. It seems that to be offically Masuka I've got to get an all country pimped out pickup.

Didn't see that non sequiter commin'. LOL.

Thinkin' there's a little Masuka in you too Stone.

Who had the idea of crashin' a nudie bar and payin' the ladies for a lap dance by stuffin' carved pumpkins in their G-string?

Classic Masuka with a pumpkn crack/dust habit.

B4 you ask. I missed 2nite's episode. Will catch it next Sunday as well as new episode.

LOL !

I missed it TOOO

I came home from a Long rainy Day of carving.
To find My Site was Hacked !

The JO - Deleted Everything - I mean Everything.
(But Me Backup's Nightly) ;)

The Site was down most of the Day.
I was at the farm and Had No Idea (it was Hacked)- Took a Woopin 2 minutes to put it all Back online.

Well Catch up on the Dexter thing eventually - LOL
I got one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel !
The Pumpkin Carving Group - Facebook Group
User avatar
St0ney
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
Posts: 6868
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 am
Gender: Male
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Contact:

Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Catching up On Dex.

I Downloaded Someone Taped it for Me - LOL

Got the 4th and am Now Getting #5.

Will Watch Both Tonight and Tomorrow Night

I need Some NON - Pumpkin / Carving/ Pattern / Board / Web Host Time. :grin:
I got one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel !
The Pumpkin Carving Group - Facebook Group
User avatar
St0ney
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
Posts: 6868
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 am
Gender: Male
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Contact:

Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:03 pm

ALL Caught UP ! :grin:
I got one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel !
The Pumpkin Carving Group - Facebook Group
User avatar
starvin'carvin'
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 pm
Gender: Male

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:51 am

Thought I posted my remarks on 10/18 episode here. Where did it go?

Man I must have been %^&*faced. The sad thing is I didn't even have a drink.

Must have posted on the "growin' yer own pumpkins" forum.LOL
Least that has some content now.

the 10/18 episode was very good. Last sunday was pretty good. Throwin' some twist and turns.

My theory is Lundy knew about Dexter's dark passenger and activities. I'm thinking there is a tape Lundy left for Dexter to find if he(Lundy) is killed while tracking the TK. On the tape Lundy will disclose his knowlwdge of Dexter's nature and asks him to track down and kill the TK.

Dex already has the motive -Deb being shot- to kill TK, but I suspect the writers will throw in Lundy's confession just to spice thing up.

Like the dual life parallels Dex has encountered between his life, the TK's life, and Dex's last kill.

Writing seem pretty good this season. Keeps ya beggin' for more.
User avatar
St0ney
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
Posts: 6868
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 am
Gender: Male
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Contact:

Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:57 am

starvin'carvin' wrote:Thought I posted my remarks on 10/18 episode here. Where did it go?

Man I must have been %^&*faced. The sad thing is I didn't even have a drink.

Must have posted on the "growin' yer own pumpkins" forum.LOL
Least that has some content now.

the 10/18 episode was very good. Last sunday was pretty good. Throwin' some twist and turns.

My theory is Lundy knew about Dexter's dark passenger and activities. I'm thinking there is a tape Lundy left for Dexter to find if he(Lundy) is killed while tracking the TK. On the tape Lundy will disclose his knowlwdge of Dexter's nature and asks him to track down and kill the TK.

Dex already has the motive -Deb being shot- to kill TK, but I suspect the writers will throw in Lundy's confession just to spice thing up.

Like the dual life parallels Dex has encountered between his life, the TK's life, and Dex's last kill.

Writing seem pretty good this season. Keeps ya beggin' for more.
Yea Lundy "WAS" a smart man - and He had a killer FBI Instinct - Saw the Devil in BK's eye's.
I agree I think he knew about Dexter - but let him be, for Dexter is the clean-up guy.
And lives by a very strict code. Like the world will miss these people.

Funnest Line "What is it with you and rape" - LOL :grin:

I think Jennifer Carpenter aka Debra Morgan is a very good actress.
When Dex was comforting her during her break down scene - Man she nailed it.
With the trying to catch her breath in between words.

I don't know why but every post I have to mention John Lithgow , What a Great choice for the role, He's much different preacher than what he was in FootLoose - LOL
Maybe it was that Loud Rock and Roll Music that made him the monster he is today.

And think you will see many awards headed his way!

Lastly as far as wanting more - I was only going to watch #4 last night.
I was Pooped - But I had to watch #5 - LOL

Show makes you want more (blood thirsty)
I got one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel !
The Pumpkin Carving Group - Facebook Group
User avatar
starvin'carvin'
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 pm
Gender: Male

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Have had my quota of football for the year.

But can't get enough of this seasons big D for Dexter.

It has been a GREAT Season.

Caught up on all the episodes and they have been firin' on all cylinders.

Acting from Jennifer Capenter( or sould I say Jennifer Hall) has been outstanding. John Lithgow has been amazing with his character's 360 evolution. Micheal Hall has delivered Dexter as good as the first season and the writing has not been better since the first season IMHO.

And Mazuka/ Dex/Deb interactions have been hilarious.

Next Sunday is the final episode and I will miss because of work and will not see until the following weekend.

Whaa Wa Whaa
Whaa
Whaa

Still holdin' to the theory that Lundy knew about Dexter's dark secret and the truth about the "Bay Harber Butcher". Mayhap the final season episode will tell.

Promo scenes of the final episode shows Deb askin' Dex about Moser. Guess somethings stick out like a soar thumb when they go missin'.

Dex's got some explainin' to do.
User avatar
starvin'carvin'
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 pm
Gender: Male

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:45 pm

Alright Stoney,

Has the big D takin' ya on a little fishing expedition and named you his "chum"? LOL

You've been silent as the grave on this tread recently.

Season's over and it was a dosey. Rank it as my second favorite season. The last 3 minutes of the last show blindsided me. Thought it was a very interesting ending. As Lithgow said on the brief followup interview, this ending will make for a more challanging script for next season.

I agree with you on Jennifer's aka Debs performance as well played although I would prefer they raine in the emotional explosiveness of the character a little bit.

Perhaps it is intentonal to contrast the emotional estrangment struggle of Dex's character.

What are your thoughts on this season?
User avatar
St0ney
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
Posts: 6868
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 am
Gender: Male
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Contact:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 am

starvin'carvin' wrote:Alright Stoney,

Has the big D takin' ya on a little fishing expedition and named you his "chum"? LOL

You've been silent as the grave on this tread recently.

Yea I've been busy handling, some personal things.
And had shit load of computer Issues, the site was hacked again over X-mas.
And My PC's have also been acting up, Cable modem took a crap and had t buy a new one.
new modem caused some networking issues ..................

Dexter - Yea that ending was a shocker,
Wonder if they will leave it as is, or make it just a bad dream ???

Hows he going to manage being a single dad with 3 kids?
I'm guessing the 2 older kids will stay with the grandparents.

Ya know having (2) full time jobs is tough.
Dex is starting to lose control .

Lithgow - Awesome Just Awesome (sad to see him go)!
I liked when he danced a little - LOL

I think next season - Deb will find out about Dexter.
Also Quinn and Deb are bound to hook up.

If Rita is "really Dead" Dex will be the prime suspect in the murder.
Why was his wife Killed by Trinity (will be the asked question)
And there has to be video footage of Trinity walking around the police station.

Rumor Has it that season 5 will be the Last.
if So Dex will be found out and caught.
I got one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel !
The Pumpkin Carving Group - Facebook Group
User avatar
starvin'carvin'
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 pm
Gender: Male

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:52 pm

You may be right Stone on the 5th season being the last.

Michael Hall when public regarding the Hodgkins lymphoma. Evidently he has been treated for it over the last several months and it is in remission. It has a good prognosis but I suspect the chemo and the work schedule was diffcult to maintain.

In a online interview I remember Hall saying that Dexter will have to come to an end. After 6 seasons he felt the series may become unoriginal. In retrospect I suspect he is trying to soften the blow to the Dex fans.

I hate to see Julie Benz AKA Rita go. I felt she did as good a job as Hall in evolving her character over the seasons.
Post Reply