Halloween chocolates

If you've got a recipe you think others might enjoy feel free to share it here
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Izzy & I are starting the Halloween chocolates imminently!

I taught her to temper chocolate properly the other week (not hard when you have a sous vide) because we make cakes for packed lunch etc (& to help her familiarise herself with basics of cooking).

So now we have to make some skulls, ghost, bat, cat, vampires, tombstone and severed fingers etc.. which I don't imagine i'll even get a sniff at.

these are the moulds as sold by hotel chocolat (making your own is more satisfying) :!con_p_wink:

Gretchy

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:01 pm

Those are FANTASTIC!!!!! I would love to have some of those... . but, could I bring myself to eat something that looks so cool!????
'Pumpkin Carvers Of The World, Unite And Take Over'

GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:06 pm

when you have sixty of them I don't see the problem! BUT years ago I bought the chocs ((expensive)) as a treat to not eat but to make moulds from (I still have the chocolates & still need to make more moulds however I do have 6 of each design in plastic form as they started to sell them in trays, ...so we grabbed some after halloween when they went cheap.

glad we have kilo's upon kilos of callebaut chocolate from the summer! ..cheap n' good :thumb_up:

• Information