cspiech, check this out

If you've got a recipe you think others might enjoy feel free to share it here
sharfork
Master Carver
Master Carver

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:47 pm

I read this blog page called "Cake Wreaks" where people post cake decorating disasters done by professionals. Some days I laugh so hard I cry. But on Sunday, the blogger presents pics of some beautifully decorated cakes. Today the theme was "Twilight". Since I know you're a fan, I thought you might enjoy seeing them. Just go to http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ to see them. I hope you enjoy.
~~~~~~~
Sharon
cspeich
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Those are awesome!

My Twilight cake, not as awesome but I'm still proud of it.... :grin:
Christie
sharfork
Master Carver
Master Carver

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Boy you are truely a die hard fan!!!
~~~~~~~
Sharon
cspeich
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:13 pm

Oh you have no idea......

:twisted:
Christie
Calypsa304
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:49 am

That's an amazing cake!!! I love cake decorating but I'm terrible at it - still doesn't stop me! I wish I could decorate a Twilight cake like that!! Cake wrecks is the best site!!

Christie I'm so glad to have found a fellow pumpkin carver & Twilight fan and you're not 12! ;) I'm so hooked I went to Twicon this summer. :D
cspeich
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm too shy to go to a convention...I don't like crowds. Do a lot of teens go to them? I don't like crowds and I DEFINITELY don't like being surrounded by teen fangirls. :grin:

A cake like the one I did really isn't hard to do...it's just time consuming. It's really like a picture in a coloring book. Here's a tutorial on the technique: http://www.christian-homemaking.com/spidermancake.htm

You know, Calypsa, every time I see your Jake carve I am just blown away. The level of detail and the multi-level shading is so awesome.
Christie
Calypsa304
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:16 pm

You know now that you showed me the method, I did try the buttercream transfer on a little mermaid cake once...but on a chocolate cake that was a crumbly nightmare. My girl still loved it.
I am painfully shy myself. I'm a stay at home mom and never go anywhere so I wanted to try something... I met a bunch of women on the Twilightmom forum so I was familiar with a few of them but I really didn't get to know the majority of the women that went. I'm not a big fan of large groups of women, they can be so mean. I'm sort of numb from all the women that were there. But anyways, the convention itself was poorly planned and I volunteered a bit and THAT aspect was horrible. Best part were the actors. I know they were getting paid but they were so so kind to the fans because the people that ran Twicon didn't have faith in the fans and wouldn't so much as let you breathe near the actors. I got a picture with Peter Facinelli and he kissed me on the cheek because I was wearing the Victoria "Kiss me I'm irish" tee and you should have heard the grumbles from the handlers...I didn't initiate it!!
Sorry this turned into a rant..but I definitely know where you're coming from. The girls weren't that bad, they had their parents with them. I don't know if I'd do it again, there is the Twitour that I think is smaller than Twicon.
Calypsa304
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:17 pm

Oh! Thank you for the compliment. I'm so critical of my patterns & carvings and really appreciate it.
cspeich
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Calypsa304 wrote:I'm not a big fan of large groups of women, they can be so mean.
I totally hear you on that!
I got a picture with Peter Facinelli and he kissed me on the cheek
Oh my gosh, that's so awesome! He'd definitely be one I'd love to meet. Maybe even more than Robert Pattinson...that whole, I don't want to ruin the myth thing.... Peter Facinelli is so nice with the fans and he's so funny. Gil Birminghan is great too, he's always answering fan questions on twitter. And Billy Burke. They'd be my top 3 "love to meet" from the Twilight cast, that I might actually be able to talk to. I think if I was face-to-face with Robert Pattinson, I'd forget every word of the English language, and I don't speak another one! :grin:

It's so expensive too. I can't justify spending that kind of money on an event I'm not even sure I would enjoy. I don't know who I'd go with - I don't know any other Twilight fans that live near me, can you believe that?
Christie
Calypsa304
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:34 pm

It is strange to see them in person but I agree, I don't know how I would respond if I met Rob. :grin: Billy Burke was there but I didn't get to actually meet him.
I have my sisters in law that like the books & movies but I don't have close friends that are into the series. One of my oldest friends refuses to read them!! I honestly never read much before Twilight, now I can't stop. I love it!