Mounting your axes / hatchets

Feel free to discuss anything non pumpkin related
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Bringing home a few Swedish axes, mauls & hatchets shortly & I'm curious as to what folk mount them with (i'd like to mount them on the wall behind my current front door) so I can keep them to hand for processing & obviously a mental dissuader for anyone who ignores door signage "because it surely doesn't apply to them" ***

if they were merely to be balanced (& fell) they'd impact my granite floor, ...& balancing is just too risky where tools are concerned, what do other folk use?

***Yes I frequently answer the door seemingly brandishing a big bill hook / machete type implement, because they are so well balanced for kindling & splitting logs, (If people get pissy panted that's their problem & guilt rising to the surface).

NB, it does make me think that perhaps I ought to feed a tube through the wall for halloween & have one constantly dripping blood by a severed head prop in a bucket (for halloween).

...scratch that head inna bucket thought, dripping severed head, dripping into a galv steel bucket (raised metal addition to ensure splash sound) ..I may have found a prop use for my new li-ion chainsaw
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:37 am

Guess it's only me then who wants to hang axes up, the rest of you are civilised & have normal heating then!? :Laughing:
Doh
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Location: Out in my workshop worshipping he-who-must-not-be-named.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:39 am

Ha! I am certain I saw a quick release mount in one of my industrial catalogs recently....I will look.
Une étreinte est une étrangler vous n'avez pas encore terminé.
"Do not trust to hope...it has forsaken this land."
Doh
Location: Out in my workshop worshipping he-who-must-not-be-named.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:45 am

Une étreinte est une étrangler vous n'avez pas encore terminé.
"Do not trust to hope...it has forsaken this land."
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Interesting, don't know how much the house bounces until they start fracking :Irritated: