My Thanksgiving did not get off to a good start

Feel free to discuss anything non pumpkin related
Pretty Kitty
Apprentice Carver
Apprentice Carver

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:10 pm

For Thanksgiving my husband and I decided to go visit his relatives in Mississippi, we took a different route than we normally would, not even 40 minutes from our house we came up on a truck weaving all over the road, I am thinking this guy was drunk. I called the police on my cellphone, miles later no police, my husband called again,as he was talking to the dispatcher the truck swerved to the left,took out a fence came back across the road in front of a 16 year old driver then flipped over in a ditch. We stopped to help,as I got out of my car , I did not realize how close to the ditch we were, I fell into the ditch ,bruied my foot big time,got out off the dich ,went over the the truck,got in through the back htch to check on the driver,was with him for 45 minutes before help finally arrived . After all that he did not have a scatch on him,he was just trapped in there The 16 year old was fine, she hit the brakes in time. I told her to go home and thank god to be alive. Turns out the driver was not drunk,said he was crying over the death of his son. Out of all this I am the one with the injury,being a good samaritan can be painfull!!!