Does anyone else invoice firms you've said "NO" to?

Feel free to discuss anything non pumpkin related
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:14 am

Sick & tired of charity bags coming through the door to be filled & collected by a commercial company on behalf of a named charity ..for peanuts!

Other bag firms give between £125 -325 ..so to give a bag to the firm that eventually passes on £3 instead of one is a no-brainer in my opinion.

When big charities p1ss potential away like this it does not endear them to me as a donor (your money should hit the floor running not be tied up in maintaining a vast blue chip empire with a career md pulling in £175k (& an mbe possibly).

Charities may be charged for the bag, the drop off at your location, the pick up & sorting... therefore rich pickings for some, not for others.

ALSO & this is the really bad bit, what if the SAME COMMERCIAL business "partner" bombards your road & therefore a multitude of houses with 4 different bags for 4 different charities per month !?

Scale of diminishing returns!?? ..how much clothing do you therefore throw out per week (or anything else for that matter beyond pure garbage & packaging recycling).

In the guise of "charity" these firms get away with a lot ..very little comeback, as no-one wants really to hit a charity deemed o be doing good, even when (for example) it turns out that a charity such as sport relief & comic relief who operate in the 3rd world & the home country of MASSIVE fundrasing have been shown to hang onto the money for up to 7 years, invest in arms (weapons) to boost their portfolio's & drink companies ...all the time "giving succour" to places oft claimed as ravaged by years of war, internal militia fighting, domestic abuse, alcohol abuse etc..

Thus by these investments aren't they part of the bigger problem?

I've had a notice on my front door which cites the person about to deliver "cr@p" has no implied rights of access, & that any unwarranted materials incur a charge to be invoiced accordingly to the representative company on whose behalf the deliverer is operating.

It's had some charities in a bit of a flap.
A cease & desist notice should be honoured, they have advance warning at their very expensive london city hq's ...I reserve the right to charge for my time on an escalating scale & pursue accordingly.

Failure to comply can be deemed harassment, intimidation & invasion of privacy depending on how it affects the individuals within the household...

..A chap is charging cold callers on the phone in the same manner, it gets a bit of cash, it also makes companies think a bit more as to intrusive, grey area or downright illegal behaviour.

Without folk pushing back instead of being pushed & beholden to big "cough" *charidee* the amount of garbage within the charity industry has increased massively, as they know they are untouchable especially when they refuse to deal with the few who state " CEASE & DESIST"

The customer service team of one big charity have not complied despite repeat requests & notification, had their lawyer sitting in on a conference phone call with myself which they did not want to admit any liability, rights, laws broken by themselves nor their contracted commercial partners..

Nor does their MD /CEO on his twitter feed wish to reply & confirm what a cease & desist means, nor give me details of their accounting team, nor his P.A. etc..

My time, costs rising,...
Some may see this as a horrible thing to do to a charity, I see it as horrible for charities to ride roughshod over peoples rights & requests to be left alone.

Any input or views greatly appreciated, i'm making up a few template letters to hit the main offenders.. many of whom swear by & sign to code of conduct in an attempt to make themselves mo legitimate..

I think 8 years is enough to stand for it surely!?
Doh
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Location: Out in my workshop worshipping he-who-must-not-be-named.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:09 am

Here in the Colonies we don't have quite that level of forced donation. We do have watchdog groups that determine how much of every dollar given goes to the actual target demographic. You would be shocked to see what a poor return most HUGE charities give.

My biggest gripe is that most of the Heads of these charitable organizations have salaries approaching 1 million dollars per year.

As the great Sam Kinison once said......Climb back into the mudhole Haji...the lighting was bad on that take.
Une étreinte est une étrangler vous n'avez pas encore terminé.
"Do not trust to hope...it has forsaken this land."
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:02 pm

4 more notifications of non compliance sent out today (1947 & 2006 uk charity laws a pigs-ear pertaining to "charity / charitable" collections).

All have the same "how dare you" approach, but you beg for coffers as yor profession, from big corporate offices & expect for people to voice concern over how "their" money is spent, such is the way when you are so far removed from the point of the original charity, & therefore purse-strings.

All were ignorant of cease & desist & entering into contract by ignorance of notice displayed...therefore monies owed.

£125 from the charity, £125 from the commercial partner, i'm hitting the ones around a particular commercial collector especially as they are so full of $h1t where compliance is concerned, & lets face it, so many industry has been born of self regulation who pay for membership, the compliance regulators are toothless hags loathe to upset a paying member..

Also, print 2 million plastic bags stating no government funding / lottery funding then when you check the yearly statements ...both are apparant! ..misleading, likely to make the difference as to which charity you donate your goods too.

A great example currently on a different tangent admittedly = 50 BILLION to set up the sochi olympics, Russia...doping scandal, medals lost, careers & earnings of genuine athletes in too far down the line, officials ..in bed with those who pay, too much revenue to lose, ..don't expect to see much happen with athletics doping any time soon, it'll come down to bean counters in financing.