Foam Eggs

Feel free to discuss anything non pumpkin related
werehawk
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Last year I bought and carved some Funkins brand, Carvable foam eggs, at Hobby Lobby. I loved them. This is the cautionary tale of MY mistake this year. I saw Easter Craft eggs at Hobby Lobby this year. That is how they were marked. I knew it was manufactured for Hobby Lobby. So NOT a Funkins. I assumed it was a knockoff. The eggs were of a similar size, shape, and color to last year. So thought I would give it a go. These eggs I discovered are Solid Styrofoam, Not hollow. Again this is not a word against Hobby Lobby or Funkins. My wanting it to be something caused my assumption. Just warning others to not make my mistake.
So I attempted to carve it anyway since that was what I was wanting it for. Quickly realized the closest I could come would be to cut the paint away.
Here is the result.
Trixrabbit.jpg
Disapointed, but wiser. Just sharing to prevent someone else from sharing my disapointment.
ursula
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:58 am

Thank you so much werehawk for letting us know. I too, saw those at Hobby Lobby thinking those were the carvable ones. I didn't buy it because I didn't have the cash. I still think you did a really good job on yours!