Register    Login    Forum   Forum Rules   Search    FAQ

Board index » STONEYKINS SITE & COMMUNITY » Stoneykins Pattern Suggestions

Post subject: Sorry I've been missing, had another loss...
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:56 pm 

Apprentice Carver

Apprentice Carver

Random avatar

Hi everyone,
I haven't even checked the John Mayer thread I started yet because I wanted to write asap to thank everyone for all their kind responses about losing my Dad. I will respond personally to each and every one who posted because it meant so much to me.

I rescued a stray cat last year who was the most gentle old soul you could ever know. A wise, loving soul. He became very tame and seemed to love the attention he received from my family. I noticed him getting thinner and drinking more water about 4 months ago and decided to try to catch him so the vet could check him. Sadly, he had poly cystic kidney disease and was FIV+. I made a place in my garage for him to live since he could no longer be outside and couldn't be around my other cats because of his FIV status. He learned (and was very proud I think) to use his litter box. He learned what a scratching post was and how to use it. He learned how to play with toys and how to purr. Eventually, he would curl up on my lap and learned to knead with his paws.

He got sicker and sicker. He went daily to the vet for treatments for the last 2 months. My vet said he has never seen a cat with more horrible blood work who was alive. He believed my kitty was so happy to have a family and love he refused to leave until he had to. Last week, I knew his time was very close. Wednesday night I whispered to him how very much he was loved and that I have asked my Dad to look for him when he gets to Heaven. Thursday morning I was hurrying to get him to the vet as his breathing was so slow and shallow. He passed in my arms as I picked him up :cry: . I sobbed and sobbed. My sweet old man. The next day my boss's dog, Breezy, lost her battle with cancer and needed to be set free. She was like one of my own as well. I knew her since she was 8 weeks old. She was 13, bless her. This has been a HORRIBLE year.

Broke Ears was my kitty. He had an ear that was completely parallel to the floor. What a gift he was to me and my family. It breaks my heart he didn't have more time to experience the love we wanted to shower on him. But he didn't die a stray cat with no name (none of them should really). He had a name and a family who loved him very much. I pray he is sitting in my Dad's lap purring and kneading now...

Thanks for listening,
Lisa
File comment: Broke Ears last year on the roof at Halloween, with some friends :)
IMG_0624.JPG

Post subject: Re: Sorry I've been missing, had another loss...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:17 am 

Apprentice Carver

Apprentice Carver

I am so sorry to hear of all of your losses Lisarenee.
I too am a big softy when it comes to my pets (2 cats and a 115lb german shepard).
The passing of you "friends" coupled with the loss of your Dad must be devasting.
I pray you find peace in the coming days and weeks.
Moons

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:25 pm 

Apprentice Carver

Apprentice Carver

Random avatar

Thank you so much Manymoons & Looney. I am so deeply grateful for all the kind words from the folks here. It's what helps to get through the really rough patches to the other side again.

I am so glad to have shared Broke Ears with you. He is resting my back yard where he loved to lay in the sun before he got sick. In a way, the only good thing from him getting sick is he got to come inside where he was safe and warm and got all the love I could give in the short time he was with us. I went out there this morning and told him I told you all about him and now people all over know who he is and what a special guy he is. My Dad has a new kitty to keep him company. I hope he is smiling down on us.

Thank you all again,
Lisa

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:24 am 

Apprentice Carver

Apprentice Carver

Random avatar

Theres nothing else I can add that others haven't already said.............
So just offering huge hugs and thoughts are with you, let This Christmas be a celebration of life, with thoughts, memories and love in abundance

Georgina xx

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:40 pm 

Supreme Carver

Supreme Carver

Lisa, I have 3 cats and my daughter has one. They totally capture your heart as any animals/pets do... damn. Broke Ears' story touches my heart in a big way. I'm so glad you were able to give him love and comfort in his last few months. The idea of losing any of my babies is unthinkable. I love how you portray him as an old soul. For I believe that animals do have souls. I have one cat named Rasta, and he is an old and wise soul. I know this...

Lisa, you are very special for sharing yourself so unselfishly to us. I appreciate you.

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:51 pm 

Apprentice Carver

Apprentice Carver

Random avatar

That was beautifully put, & what a vet! ..to come out with that statement, has me teary eyed!

I am still mourning the loss of my last cat (several years ago) who "found me" when I wasn't looking & decided despite several boxer dogs he'd stay, ..for 8 yrs & better them ( a grudging match ensued for many years namely "ownership of the stairs" hin't cat in the middle scared "bloodied" dogs either end till finally I caught them all lying asleep together, a sign they were all getting old for sure!

I'll swear i'm not ready till another cat with personality "finds" me again, maybe another few more years but it'll click into place when it occurs & that cat will be the best cat living!

worth the wait to find such companionship as an attentive cat.
you were bestowed a great honour!

We lost another (the oldest dog) in december, as a family member we all went into the vets together, sat on the floor (amidst tears) with him and saw him out, including our 7yr old.

That I should be so lucky & dignified as to go gently surrounded by those who love me & care as to my quality of life, many humans don't gt so lucky as a dignified end ..so be proud of yourself facilitating a peaceful exit.

Board index » STONEYKINS SITE & COMMUNITY » Stoneykins Pattern Suggestions