Countryside scenes..

Post What Patterns you would like to See Next on Stoneykins.
You can Upload your Reference Photo's Here Also.
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:25 am

Personally I have yet to cut the lighthouse (to my chagrin) it sits above my microwave as a reminder (don't ask)..

However, it's evocative & I think those sort of scenes when aired on various formats really do speak for themselves.

I do notice that the theme of the countryside remains a strong one within the uk (countryfile :!con_p_roll_eyes: ..rip farming diary on a sunday).

would therefore love to see more "working" rural America & UK defined as patterns, ,,not necessarily the one i'm about to list but as an example.

Shepherd & dog (collie type)

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=htt ... 24.jpg&f=1

Rural Farm silhouette..

...though I couldn't see a cell tower in that last one, so maybe not pertinent :!con_p_tease:
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:27 am

Well, my farmer friend has gone & done it, he's actually asked me for a few countryside / farming themed kins whilst we were rootling around in pumpkin bins late last night.

Anyone seen any with a tractor in by chance folks, think he's looking for a weather vane type wide shot silhouette of a tractor ploughing type thing.
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:29 pm

No problem, sorted.

I'm dumb, The brain injury makes me forget things I can / do thus requiring re-learning (can you imagine how long it would take you to re-learn the printing routing of stoney's patterns every year, ..thats my brain that is :!con_p_cryiing:

It also means I have a helluva mess to work out the whereabouts of my pdfs ...made harder by new windows!

THank goodness for the simplicity of corel
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:36 am

I'm a sucker for the rural scene, whilst more & more a cliche it makes for a nice change of carve..

Saw this on a can of pear cider, I had to buy 4 to be able to get a shot, no phone with me... ah well!

Kind of reminds me of the lighthouse scene you did Stoney, I think it's the rays of light that drew me to it.
Attachments
P1060695 (2).JPG
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:20 am

found this "wildlife / countryside" silhouette ..might fit a niche. as a cut through.
That's a linked image that may not be around forever so if you like it you might wish to save it.
Gretchy

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:12 pm

I like most of these scenes!
'Pumpkin Carvers Of The World, Unite And Take Over'