Candyfloss for visiting t/treaters?

Discuss anything and everything about Halloween.
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:27 pm

It is likely that in the next 12 months we'll have spent out on a decent commercial grade machine so izzy can learn the reality of small business, which makes me think that we'll stop buying so many kg of sweets & bag / stick candyfloss instead.

Your thoughts re pro's cons etc, if you've got to have a haunt manned you may as well have time to make & bag floss regardless of weather conditions affecting the spin ( damp / humidity) it should be possible to pull off in a controlled environment (indoors at worst) then brought out & piled around a light display so it glows through creating its own feature point right?

Certainly if I was a child I'd be chuffed to receive floss maybe with a smattering of pop rocks in it, but what do others think?

Colour: not so important in the dark but pink just seems wrong for Halloween. (So thinking Orange with rice paper type pumpkin face end result maybe, easy to stamp out & duplicate in theory).

..or should we just buy lots of boring sweets as usual?

Doh
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Location: Out in my workshop worshipping he-who-must-not-be-named.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Its magical. I love it. Humidity is your enemy.
Une étreinte est une étrangler vous n'avez pas encore terminé.
"Do not trust to hope...it has forsaken this land."

GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Yeah, trouble is you can't work out how much of an enemy till you try to outwit him, ..here it is "damp" rather than humidity but in essence they are one & the same,but humidity we associate here with heat alone (backwards Brits) with damp being winter moisture ..a seasonal thing.

Still, in theory at least a bag of warm air before introducing it to outdoors where needed should help, I can try to delay the process by using a dehumidifier & a raging woodfire I guess, but making it outside with led lighting a floss bowl out of the question.

That's a minimum of £500 spend for a decent UK made machine.

GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Oh crap, i've gone & done it now, Gus just bought a "Kando" ...candy floss for trick or treaters, ...do I buy an air brush & try spraying zig zag faces in black food colouring? ...workable?

• Information