Saturday Halloween is Cr@p Halloween :(

Discuss anything and everything about Halloween.
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:11 pm

Once again numbers are incredibly LOW for my area, took a walk when it tailed off (didn't start properly) ...last year a real bad low of 156, .kicked into the long grass by a mere 68 tonight. ..if you restricted it to a village with say 450 children of primary school age ..that's just over 2 classes in a village of 3000 residents.

(parents starting off early to go to a party mainly, as early as 4pm still very light).

If it falls on a week-end here "sod the kids".

Also I know of no other "celebration day" that is so callously trounced by all the others, ie come 5th november it's bonfire night (guy fawkes night) ..but it started tonight, ..now we'll have 7 nights of fireworks.

Went for a walk, saw 2 pumpkins.. where normally there are many.
As I explained to my daughterthe less houses to call upon the less houses will bother, the less houses that bother the less kids will call.. snake that ate it's tail.

Be glad you aren't here in the uk, tonigh it's S***
Doh
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Location: Out in my workshop worshipping he-who-must-not-be-named.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:38 pm

Interesting...I anticipate that Halloween being on Saturday will be good for business here in the U.S.
Une étreinte est une étrangler vous n'avez pas encore terminé.
"Do not trust to hope...it has forsaken this land."
cspeich
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:52 pm

Yeah I like Halloween on Saturdays. No worries about school the next day, and no rushing after school to get ready!
Christie
Gretchy

Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:27 pm

It's crappy here tonight!!! Rained all damn day, still raining! I didn't slave over pumpkins f0r 8 days so it could flippin rain! I have had 2 trick or treaters so far. But, the pumpkins are out regardless. I frown on mother nature today though!
'Pumpkin Carvers Of The World, Unite And Take Over'
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 am

Aw Gretchy that's bad, hope it picked up with brave souls.

What really bit me for here was it was the best Halloween daytime thru night time weather we've had in a decade, which should have counted for something.