Pull your fingers out slack people!

Discuss anything and everything about Halloween.
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Forum notice countdown states that we are 100 days in towards Halloween as of today. 9th Feb. (not counting, no not me, never)!

Any early planners, tips pointers as to what is going to be deemed big & in demand this year, ...presuming there are some mystics amongst you

I need to wake a comatose Stoney from his slumber to answer my bloody email :!con_p_Laugh: Nil desperandum or owt!
pumpken
Master Carver
Master Carver

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:07 pm

It is nice to see someone else anxious to get started for this Halloween.

Possible topics this year?:

Kung Fu Panda
Star Wars- new and maybe old characters
A lot of dead musicians

I found out Funkins distributes from a warehouse in Orem, Utah, just down the road from me, so I stocked up on pumpkins and Christmas bulbs to save shipping.

Doh
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Location: Out in my workshop worshipping he-who-must-not-be-named.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:10 am

No kidding Ken?

LOL.....that is savin on shippin!
Une étreinte est une étrangler vous n'avez pas encore terminé.
"Do not trust to hope...it has forsaken this land."
Cirrus
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Seriously, Ken? You are amazing! WHERE do you store this stuff?? Love it :)
Carving since 2006; mostly real 'kins
pumpken
Master Carver
Master Carver

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 am

The walls of my garage are lined with shelves of carved and now uncarved pumpkins.
ursula
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:10 am

You're the man ken! I would love to start stocking up on pumpkins now. I got rid of a lot of my pumpkins last year, of coarse giving Stoney, Ryan & Jason all the credit. so I'm ready to start fresh this year with my surgeries behind me now, I definitely want to shade this year! I have know idea what big movies are going to be out this year, but I'm dying to see what Stoney comes up with this year. He never dissapoints!
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:53 pm

I need to plan ahead this season as much & as far as possible, it is a long shot that I might pop over to the states / Canada / both, for actual Halloween this year (with snowboard) but if nervy about el nino in the back end of the year may waver.

Will be paying close attention to weather reports & long range forecasts for the forseeable.

something to plan for, or should I just long haul it to Japan?
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:00 pm

pumpken wrote:
I found out Funkins distributes from a warehouse in Orem, Utah, just down the road from me, so I stocked up on pumpkins and Christmas bulbs to save shipping.

If I was a betting man I would have put a bundle on that being Ken's haul, ..you got a splash of prehistoric squirrel DNA coursing through your veins somewhere d'ya think Ken?

"winter stash"

Think stoney'll have to change your forum name to "smug" Ken, ..cos you must be grinning from ear to ear at being able to grab em local(ish) & cutting out the middle man.

No holiday for ken's family this year he's spent it on "precious things" :!con_p_Laugh:
pumpken
Master Carver
Master Carver

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:24 pm

I have to admit it was quite a pleasant surprise to find the warehouse so close. It is nice to know I won't have to wait on the stores to get going on this year's pumpkins. I just have to make sure I balance out pumpkin carving and marriage (although my wife is very supportive of my obsession- "It could be worse.")