Projectors?

Discussion of all Halloween-related gatherings and events and Conventions
2manyferrets
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:47 pm

has anyone played around with projectors and atmosfearfx ? I just ordered a projector and phantasms. Was wondering if anyone has experience with them. Good or bad....

:!con_p_fangs:

https://atmosfx.com/
0 x
luckdragon
The Quiet Carver
The Quiet Carver

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:38 am

I was actually thinking about getting them myself.. my biggest question is projectors that will handle the elements because of being outside to project on the house..
0 x
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names (like chartreuse), but they all have learned to live together in the same box.
Illusionist
The Quiet Carver
The Quiet Carver

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:05 am

This will be my 2nd year using Atmosfearfx!

Love it!

This year I will be using 3 projectors. All but one will be used indoors.

The one outdoors will be projecting the pumpkin jamboree.

I will be housing the projector in a Styrofoam enclosure that will look like a tombstone. I have no idea how it will turn out but, I will be starting this project tonight.
0 x
luckdragon
The Quiet Carver
The Quiet Carver

Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Illusionist wrote:This will be my 2nd year using Atmosfearfx!

Love it!

This year I will be using 3 projectors. All but one will be used indoors.

The one outdoors will be projecting the pumpkin jamboree.

I will be housing the projector in a Styrofoam enclosure that will look like a tombstone. I have no idea how it will turn out but, I will be starting this project tonight.
Keep me updated on how this goes because I want to do the same thing but I want to do the Poltergeiststs on my front windows
0 x
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names (like chartreuse), but they all have learned to live together in the same box.
2manyferrets
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:10 pm

luckdragon wrote:I was actually thinking about getting them myself.. my biggest question is projectors that will handle the elements because of being outside to project on the house..

I'm going to project from the inside so it will be in my front window....
0 x
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:56 am

No experience of Atmosfear range, just Hallowindow.

several projectors, I intend to get a few more cheap led units over the coming year so we can do inside x 4 & outside x1.

just make sure you have reverse image on the projector for inside to out displays. OR that any footage packages have reversed image options.

thin white sheets do well for inside to out.

what are your concerns?
0 x
luckdragon
The Quiet Carver
The Quiet Carver

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:20 pm

for me.. I'm trying to find a projector that will "withstand the elements" even if I put it in some kind of enclosure, it's still going to have to put up with the cold..
0 x
2manyferrets
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:27 am

Im new at projectors in general. How to get best quality image? What is the best distance for set up and best material to project on? White or dark sheet? Frosted shower curtain? What about best material for 'floating' images? Any cool downloads recomended?

Erika
0 x
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:31 pm

well, look at it this way, some projectors are long throw, some short, very few are fixed focus, in other words dependent upon set up & room space pretty much anything can be achived fia a variable focus wheel you adjust by hand & a keystone button to expand / squash the image.

if you are wanting a floating ghost then obviously a peppers ghost effect with a transparant as possible screen (a fine mesh that disappears at night, sometimes even screen doors will do) ..experimentation & adaptation is the key (& cheap to do).

if you just wish to entertain by filling a window space then Hallowindows 1-3 is a nice balance.

pretty much the original & best basic animation entertainment, whereas atmos is more translucent screen (so you answer your own question as to screen types there really).

ALl projectors are fun, all achieve a good effect, regardless of cost they do the job. ..lower resolution in upstairs windows projecting giant eyes etc, better quality for downstairs close up, higher lumens the better, Texas instruments within the specs essential in my book! ..esp if you want to watch films the rest of the year.
0 x
Illusionist
The Quiet Carver
The Quiet Carver

Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:52 pm

luckdragon wrote:for me.. I'm trying to find a projector that will "withstand the elements" even if I put it in some kind of enclosure, it's still going to have to put up with the cold..
I tested the pumpkin jamboree this past week outside with zero problems and I live in Wisconsin, so the temps do get pretty chilly. Projectors get pretty hot, so I am not expecting any problems with cold temps especially since it's in an enclosure. Moisture is another animal though. I will not be projecting outside if its raining. I've never researched to see if there are any projectors made for wet environments.

I am really impressed with the singing pumpkin effect on the pumpkins. The kids will really like it!

FYI, atmosfearfx is coming out with a new version before Halloween.
0 x