After years of trial and error by far the best method of preservation I have found is to soak the kin in water and Clorox over night.
This does two things...it kills all the bad bacteria that causes rot and it hydrates the kin.
Three years ago I kept a kin going for two months!
The chlorine does bleach out the flesh a little but the good out weighs the bad!
Read this thread!: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3027
I always take a couple of rubbermaid containers and place them behind my display...fill with water and chlorine...and every night I just put the kins in their bath. This also protects them from freezing!
Post Questions or Tips on Carving REAL Pumpkins
1 post • Page 1 of 1