Carving station: Any thoughts on a pet grooming table?

Post Questions or Tips on Carving FOAM Pumpkins
mhodges35
Apprentice Carver
Apprentice Carver

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 am

I haven't gotten to start carving yet with heat indexes between 100-110 here in Arkansas and having to dremel foam on my back deck, but I am trying to get my carving station set up. I definitely want to sit and carve with my pumpkin in my lap, but need an arm to hang my dremel with flex shaft.

Any thoughts on using a pet grooming table and hanging the flex shaft / dremel from the pet noose? Would this work?

Thanks,
Anissa

Attachments
41putJE1JrL._SL1000_.jpg
similar to this
Anissa

Cirrus
The Quiet Carver
The Quiet Carver

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Interesting thought... Not sure if the "arm" of that table would be high enough to be comfortable working with the flex shaft.

I don't have much of a work space so typically just hang my Dremel (with flex cable) from a bungee cord on a small hook in the ceiling above my bench. The bungee allows some stretch while I'm working and keeps everything out of the way. Quick and dirty, but it works for me. :Smiling:
Carving since 2006; mostly real 'kins

Timmaay
Apprentice Carver
Apprentice Carver

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:02 pm

See my post of my setup from 10/24/15 labeled Frankenstein in the carving photos and stories forum. Not sure if links work but see if this does. Step ladder, clamp, piece of wood, zip ties. Perfect heights for working on your lap while sitting on a kitchen chair.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4354&p=35120#p35120

• Information