Gus 2016 (partial) carves

Post Your Pumpkin Carving Photo's Here!
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:46 am

As I lost my hard-drive I don't think I ever put any pics up so will bang up some which got into my feed elsewhere..
Pretty certain These are all last from last years session.

As per last year i've been carving thinner lines (depth) overall, which is fun, but means more reliance on thickness in one or two key area's to keep it all in one place, so where you see a chunky support in a shot, it's likely that's the lynch pin for the rest whilst other lines are thinned out, ..the cats (cheshire & feral) ..both nearly had me a cropper, but that was by my hand & choosing.

I can't remember whether this is izzy's or mine...

Shrunken head ...stoneykins ...these were super thin lines & flesh, it warranted it.

Stoneykins skull, from the vast array that is the sleletons / skulls section.

Big pumpkin, took my time shading but my technique & haste show in heaps..

Bad pic, good carve, Joker & Harley Quinn ..this was a tough stringy pumpkin.
Stoneykins pattern

Purposely thin cut again for flesh & lines loved the result of Stoney's cat pattern ..oh man that ear nearly was a drama, you remember your "close shave cock ups don't you" ...photography is not my forte.

Stoney's Lemmy was my starter carve to get my rusty eyes & fingers back in sync..
The outcome had me thinking either It was going to be ok this year (I base alot on that 1st carve)

Prince had to be done twice, the pumpkin was another stringy beggar which really affected the outcome (not pleased, much anguish).

Cat Woman ...lovely carve stoney, immense fun! ..this was oversized to in excess of 144% I was somewhat enamoured by this carve. 1st pass carve, (prior to clean up) #Catwoman ..on a "BIG" pumpkin.
This was carved as thin as I could make it (angle doesn't show) with the "ears" as the thickest part, ..all else was draped around those holding up ...I didn't think it out properly or else I could have cut he ear section thinner but as it was in essence the last few cuts I wasn't going to throw it away on chance, they have to be handled by "god knows who" driving badly to their home, & possibly prodded by people who know no better :Laughing:
Sorry my photography lets me down, I really don't have time to stylise them, merely grab a few shots then onto the next one.
My motto for halloween is either "On On Onward" ...or "Hodor Hodor Hodor"

Ryan (ZP) Emp Palp, ..was playing around with a bit of added detail the camera would likely not have picked up on to make him more raggedy, ..quick carve, ..though was pissed with the rear not being correctly curved, ..it hardly mattered in reality so I left it to challenge any lurking O.C.D.

Mooning Lisa was another "starter for 10" ...getting hand back in ..3rd year in a row i've done a mona lisa, ..whats newfor tis year Stoney? ..the onus is surely on you :Laughing:

Cheshire Cat, ...stoney this was cool but oh my those lines, repetition, repetition, repetition, (I know it's the name of the game ...but i felt like kicking you in the monkeybone halfway through this one, ..more my lack of prep than yours, ..."But Stoney MADE me do it miss" :Laughing:

The TOP of the tail really had to hold a vast array of thin lines ,they were flexing like an accordian ..& the camera angle wasn't the greatest for this shot, but the actual carve looked so hot! ..well played sir.

Goblin Guy ..was a self confessed speed carve, ..needs must.

Pleased with this.. she was a lovely alt take on "old hat" witches & fit the style with the cat & shrunken head a treat...

Something narking me about the brim of that hat on the far side though, ..postitioning?

Izzy?

Lovely fast carve, highly recommended for the more adventurous kids who doubt their skills, nice & safe with a crowd pleaser outcome.

Should be more shots of other kins, but goodness knows where.
Doh
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Location: Out in my workshop worshipping he-who-must-not-be-named.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 am

Your thin lines on real pumpkins are impressive. My ham fists would screw them all up in short order. :Thumbs_Up:
Une étreinte est une étrangler vous n'avez pas encore terminé.
"Do not trust to hope...it has forsaken this land."
St0ney
The Boss with the Hot Sauce
The Boss with the Hot Sauce

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:46 am

I'm extremely impressed with these carves, way to go GUS ! :Thumbs_Up:

Most of these I make for Foam pumpkins - where those saggy spots are a none issue, but still require a steady hand..
(and oh ya, don't drop it EVER) !

You Gave me a good Laugh @ But i felt like kicking you in the monkeybone halfway through this one :Laughing:

(I get Great Joy in punishing carvers with these stencils - I'll bet over the years I even got Ken to say some choice words) - LOL

I'm going to add some of these to the store in the (see it carved section) and I do credit the carver,
Should I just put in by GUS or do you prefer I use something Else ?

I'm also going to add them to the FB Carving Group.
I got one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel !
The Pumpkin Carving Group - Facebook Group
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:01 am

Just Gus thanks Stoney.

Sorry the photographic skill eludes me I typically have a spare ((not)) 60 seconds per carve which isn't enough to get an image, any image before ploughing onwards & not slipping (dropping) on the pumpkin guts underfoot combined with bleach water dripping soaked kins.

Monkey tail bone injuries linger don't they just !? ..snowboarding & free-climbing (& the falling) took my life prematurely I reckon #Oldmanpain
werehawk
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Wow! Just Wow! On real!
simondragon
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Nice work.