I also cold smoke foods...

If you've got a recipe you think others might enjoy feel free to share it here
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:02 am

Happy boy (circumstances allowing) ...Gus is pant wettingly excited because he received a 1g -15kg set of kitchen scales yesterday, which should up the prospect of some decent experimentation with human flesh ...erm meant to say charcuterie on a big scale (literally speaking) :!con_p_smile: ..takes me a step closer to my soundproofed butchery, hanging & chilling room ..actually scratch that, sounds a bit like Dexter
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Walked right into a deal today, the Anova sous vide (clip on unit) wi-fi & bluetooth enabled for 99 quid ...unheard of in the uk, ...I normally eat & drink like a tramp over October so this year we are planning ahead, (blame the kid) had some of her thin sliced pork fillet tonight with garlic & cornish sea-salt, (it kicks maldon's into the long grass) ,..got a second big bag of pork & have been slicing the lot to 8 mm steaks to be vacuumed & stored away, ditto gammon steaks, don't think I'll do much more than change the water every few days.

nice to set some runny poached eggs on a slow auto cook ready for 6 a.m & potentially still runny at 10 a.m. with a simple ice plunge inbetween (suspends the cooking process, then just stay warm & runny ready for the hot sauce.

p.s. i'm ignoring the word cholesterol.