Wine

If you've got a recipe you think others might enjoy feel free to share it here
2manyferrets
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:00 am

Im donating a basket for a chinese auction. It benefits one of my hunnys mothers friends. People are already doing a halloween theme, fall, lottery, and bath and body so I plan to do I wine theme basket. I was going to grab a bottle of wine, some glasses, and a few other accessories. Thing is, I dont drink wine so I have NO clue what is good and whats not. Any ideas??
Sariel
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:41 am

Are you putting in chocolate, fruit or cheeses?
If not, Zinfendel seems to be popular(too dry for me)
If you have Blue Heron (might be regional) it's inexpensive but the taste isn't. At their price you could do a red and a white.
If you are adding a food to the basket I'd do with a sparkling wine or champagne - the type will depend on what your adding.
ajbanz
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:43 am

A blush wine, like white zinfandel goes well with anything. Its a cross between a sweet and a dry wine. Beringer costs a little more money but is still inexpensive. Sutter Home also makes a decent White Zin. You could place your bottle and glasses in a picnic basket with cheese, bread, and a tablecloth.
2manyferrets
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:58 am

Thanks for your input, Im thinking nothing with cheese because it has to be refrigerated. I have a wedding shower and AC/DC concert the same day as the benefit so I will be dropping the basket off a few days in advance :grin:

Btw- I like the idea of the picnic basket and table cloth, very cute...