I give you....Rooster Sauce!

If you've got a recipe you think others might enjoy feel free to share it here
Marilyn
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Ok, I'M the hot sauce lover in our family. Franks. Here in cincinnati, we put it on something called Cincinnati Chili. I use it on EVERYTHING, chili, wings, taco salad, anything else tex-mex. Etc.

I have Rooster Sauce in my fridge, but muchly prefer the vinegar tang of Franks.

My son brought home something called Dave's Insanity Sauce. On his dare, I dipped the tinest corner of a tortilla chip in it and shook off the excess. Ate the chip and then had to hold an ice cube to my tongue for the rest of the evening. I wuz mighty pissed at my son!
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell... Image
2manyferrets
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Ha Ha Marlyn! I have used Daves Insanity too. They have a whole line of different degrees of hotness....personally I cant eat hot stuff so I stick with Franks. I like the way it coats wings nicely. Some hot sauces are a bit too runny.
Marilyn
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Doh, I went back and did a taste test of the Rooster sauce. I does taste better than I remember. Kinda sweet and smoky with spice. I still like Franks better, though.

Seems like if a person spread a skim of cream cheese on a crunchy flatbread and topped it with the Rooster sauce, that'd be quite tasty!
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell... Image