Foam Eggs

Feel free to discuss anything non pumpkin related
werehawk
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Last year I bought and carved some Funkins brand, Carvable foam eggs, at Hobby Lobby. I loved them. This is the cautionary tale of MY mistake this year. I saw Easter Craft eggs at Hobby Lobby this year. That is how they were marked. I knew it was manufactured for Hobby Lobby. So NOT a Funkins. I assumed it was a knockoff. The eggs were of a similar size, shape, and color to last year. So thought I would give it a go. These eggs I discovered are Solid Styrofoam, Not hollow. Again this is not a word against Hobby Lobby or Funkins. My wanting it to be something caused my assumption. Just warning others to not make my mistake.
So I attempted to carve it anyway since that was what I was wanting it for. Quickly realized the closest I could come would be to cut the paint away.
Here is the result.
Trixrabbit.jpg
Disapointed, but wiser. Just sharing to prevent someone else from sharing my disapointment.
0 x
ursula
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:58 am

Thank you so much werehawk for letting us know. I too, saw those at Hobby Lobby thinking those were the carvable ones. I didn't buy it because I didn't have the cash. I still think you did a really good job on yours!
0 x