All Time Favorite Carves!???

Give Tips or Ask Questions on Photographing , Displaying, Lighting etc..
Gretchy

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Thought maybe it would be fun to have everyone submit their all time favorite carve!! Just a little light hearted fun that everyone can participate in, even if they aren't currently carving. If you don't have a favorite that you carved personally, maybe there is one that really stood out to you that someone else carved. It will be hard to choose just one... But, I'll start this party with......

My Red Riding Hood pumpkin that I carved in 2012. I did this for my husband's aunt, and it still chaps my hide because she didn't pay me a dime for it. GRRRRRRR. But, it was an awesome carve!!

Hope some other ppl will play along!! otherwise I'll feel like a loser! :!con_p_Laugh:
Attachments
redridinghood1.jpg
0 x
'Pumpkin Carvers Of The World, Unite And Take Over'
Norm
Apprentice Carver
Apprentice Carver

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:19 pm

My favorite is Doh's Predator carve.
0 x
Doh
Evil Scientist and Inventor
Location: Out in my workshop worshipping he-who-must-not-be-named.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Norm wrote:My favorite is Doh's Predator carve.
Awe shucks.....ya made me blush.
That carve was a turning point for me. It was one of those patterns that people looked at and said "no way".
It was also one of the first carves that had me thnking it wasnt going to look good right up to the lighting...then BOOM!
When that carve was done I knew that St0ney was the best pattern maker on the planet and i could carve anything he threw at me. To this day i have only given up on one carve...it was years ago...from another pattern maker...
....the mock was no where near what the end carve turned out to be so i blew it up with my 12 gauge.
0 x
Une étreinte est une étrangler vous n'avez pas encore terminé.
"Do not trust to hope...it has forsaken this land."
Norm
Apprentice Carver
Apprentice Carver

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Doh wrote:
Norm wrote:My favorite is Doh's Predator carve.
Awe shucks.....ya made me blush.
That carve was a turning point for me. It was one of those patterns that people looked at and said "no way".
It was also one of the first carves that had me thnking it wasnt going to look good right up to the lighting...then BOOM!
When that carve was done I knew that St0ney was the best pattern maker on the planet and i could carve anything he threw at me. To this day i have only given up on one carve...it was years ago...from another pattern maker...
....the mock was no where near what the end carve turned out to be so i blew it up with my 12 gauge.
In all honesty, that particular carve was what started this hobby/addiction for me. Thanks to the tips from yourself, Stoney, and others, my carves have gotten exponentially better over the past couple years. And hopefully, they continue to.
0 x
starvin'carvin'
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:50 pm

thread just been jacked.

Oowwww...12 gauge pumpkin' carvin'

I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!

What tools do you use Doh. Mossburg pump action...XX buck?

Bet it works wonders on the floaters.
0 x
St0ney
The Boss with the Hot Sauce

Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Well I'm Already REALLY PISSED at this Thread !!! :!con_8:

Next Time Anyone and I mean Anyone!
Shoots a Pumpkin with a 12 Gauge,

Better Damn Well get it on Video !!
:!con_p_smile:
0 x
I got one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel !
The Pumpkin Carving Group - Facebook Group
werehawk
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:58 am

O.k. Had to do some thinking about this one. And while it isn't on a pumpkin, my Horse on a Funkins Egg this spring has to be my Favorite. This pattern really pops when lit! While just seeing it carved unlit, the pattern is almost completely different. Have loved this pattern when others did it. And doing it myself led to a great sense of accomplishment.
caroselhorse.jpg
0 x
Doh
Location: Out in my workshop worshipping he-who-must-not-be-named.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:01 am

It was just a classic Remington 870 with some birdshot.

Back on topic.

After making that video of my display I realized just how many high quality carves I have! Thanks St0ney!

But does your favorite have to be what everyone thinks is the best? I think not.

My favorite is Lucy......the greatest dog to roam the planet.
Life was always about what she could do for me...never was she concerned for her self. Her only want in life was a tennis ball and an arm to throw it. She was there at the all time darkest moments of my life and the only friend I could trust without question.
3.jpg
goosey.jpg
0 x
Une étreinte est une étrangler vous n'avez pas encore terminé.
"Do not trust to hope...it has forsaken this land."
St0ney

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:18 am

I too have carved things much more difficult than my actual Favorite carve..

This Frankenstein is my Favorite that I carved, I just love the 3D Effect of his face popping out.. This was one or the Very First Large Jumbo Pumpkins I carved. It's a Funkins Tall Giant, it's 3' Tall and thick as shit. The Only Issue I have, is it was ordered by that fall show last year... and I had to pass it on (sometimes that hurts) :!con_p_cryiing:

I may need to re-carve it for myself.
10576973_349155018568219_2212935072730003919_n.jpg
0 x
I got one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel !
The Pumpkin Carving Group - Facebook Group
cspeich
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:20 am

All time favorite? I really don't think I could pick one. Of the pumpkins I've personally carved, I do really love this Harry Potter one I carved last year:
HP-Trio-web.jpg
But now that I carved this Elsa this year, it might be my favorite:
elsa-web.jpg
I'm also really partial to the one in my avi picture because it's my book cover and St0ney did such a wonderful job on the pattern (no surprise there!)
0 x
Christie