All Time Favorite Carves!???

Give Tips or Ask Questions on Photographing , Displaying, Lighting etc..
pumpken
Master Carver
Master Carver

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:56 am

I have a lot of favorites, but I think all time I like London After Dark that I carved in 2010 and won the stoneykins carving contest. One of the proudest days of my life :!con_p_smile:
0 x
Gretchy

Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:59 pm

I love all of these choices!!! And you're right, a lot of times the faves aren't the most difficult ones! Thanks for taking the time to post!
0 x
'Pumpkin Carvers Of The World, Unite And Take Over'
helenkate
A Happy Carver
A Happy Carver

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Yeah, this is a stumper. I have so many amazingly wonderful emotions wrapped up in the carves I've done because of this site...

The ultimate favorite for me has to be the Bill Murray. I had joined the forum to pick your brains and learn your ways, and on a whim I requested a pattern...and St0ney made it. For me. Some random lady, and he said "hey sure, here ya go." I wasn't yet skilled enough to make it, but I bade my time, practiced...and then I got a tester Funkin - WHAAAA? Dude, I'm not even a real artist... I paired the two up, stared at it for about two years, and then this year I started for real, and finished. Picture quality is lacking, but you get the idea. My first foamie. I did that. You guys helped. Maybe I can do art...
11224252_10207405904848409_7940252983192253280_o.jpg
Shut up, I'm not crying you're crying.
0 x
Gretchy

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:30 am

Helenkate, you have been knocking out some stellar carves this season!!! Like that Bill Murray one was a jumping off point. Awesome stuff!!
0 x
GUS
Elite Carver
Elite Carver

Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:17 pm

Might sound lame, but I think my best is yet to come, I just need to step up to the plate more often.

So far my favourite that sticks in memory was not the pattern but the learning of how to deal with a funkin, sound strange to you lot maybe, but to get them to england intact was no mean feat, now I need to swot up more & commit with the dremel.

I also want to get beyond where I am with 3D carving (current status: Ashamed)

I'd like to sort myself out the foot pedal, after that I think for foamies it'd come somewhat easier for me, more natural action than the constant forgetfulness (really) of a knackered brain, you've seen that film with adam sandler & drew barrymore right!? ...not quite but not so far off, ..still functioning.
0 x
texntesa
The Quiet Carver
The Quiet Carver

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:12 am

I would have to say my all time favorite is one that I'm working on the clean up currently and it's almost finished. It's the first detailed shaded pattern I've done and I was SCARED to DEATH of it... But a little boy in our neighborhood really loves the Hulk, so I thought I would give it a shot.
Attachments
Hulk C.jpg
0 x
Dogs just make the world a better place... *Sabrina*
cspeich
Supreme Carver
Supreme Carver

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:01 pm

that looks amazing! I love that it's green too!
0 x
Christie
Gretchy

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Yep, That Hulk one is great!!!! And of course, the perfect color! So nice of you to think of that little boy! I know he will love it!
0 x
luckdragon
The Quiet Carver
The Quiet Carver

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:44 am

My favorite carve, I hand drew the pattern, scanned it in, added text, then carved it.. it came out awesome..

Drawing:

Scanned With Wording:

Carving:
0 x
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names (like chartreuse), but they all have learned to live together in the same box.
pumpken
Master Carver
Master Carver

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:04 am

Nice one luckdragon.
0 x